Ten days away from the 2015 National Championships and International Grand Prix and events are almost sold out!
Sixty seven athletes will be competing for the titles of National Champion in their respective categories on Saturday 18th April 2015.
The top Maltese athletes will then face off with athletes from five other European countries on Sunday 19th April 2015 for a total prize fund of
Last few tickets are available from Bertu's Gym Gharghur, Express Fitness @ Soreda Hotel, Ray Cassar (Challenger) and Body Masters Health Shop. Get your today before they run out!
This year our Federation is celebrating its 50th Anniversary, to mark this milestone in the history of bodybuilding in Malta, MFBBF is organising a two day Bodybuilding and Fitness Extravaganza at the Oracle Suite, Dolmen Resort Hotel.
The 2015 National Championships will be held on Saturday 18th April 2015 starting at 19:00.
Categories and classes:
Juniors Men's Athletic Physique
Juniors Men's Bodybuilding
Juniors Bikini Fitness
Masters Bodybuilding 40+
Masters Bodybuilding 50+
The first two athletes placed in each height or weight class in the seniors categories will go on to compete in the category overall where there will be more than one class in a category.
The first three athletes placed in each height or weight class in the seniors categories will qualify to compete the following day in the International Grand Prix.
The Overall winners of each seniors category will also qualify for the IFBB European Championships which will be held between the 13th and 18th May 2015 in Santa Susanna, Spain (provided that a given category has more than three competitors).
The International Grand Prix will be held on Sunday 19th April 2015 at 19.00. The International Grand Prix is open to European IFBB athletes. More information on the International Grand Prix can be found on the event page
Tickets at € 20 for both events are on sale from Tully's Way (Paola), Kevin Pisani (Bodymedics Fitness Centre Zejtun), Bertu's Gym (Gharghur), Express Fitness (Soreda Hotel Qawra), Raymond Cassar (Challenger Qormi), Mobics (St Paul's Bay), Bodymasters Health Shop (Paola), Gymnasia (Paola) and Derya Satariano (Sliema/St Julians).
A posing practise session for the upcoming contests will be held on the 28th February 2015 at Bertu's Gym in Gharghur. Due to the limited space and works being carried out we will split the session in two:
- Ladies session starts at 13.30
- Men’s session starts at 14.30
Those athletes who still have to settle their membership and contest registration can hand in their forms and payment on the 28th February 2015, from 14.30 till 15.30 at Bertu’s gym.
Deadline for contest registration 18th March 2015, late applications will not be accepted.
Athletes wishing to order their contest tanning please do so by Saturday 22nd February 2015.
IFBB International Austrian Championship 2015, organised by IFBB Austria.
Location: St. Polten, Austria.
For event and category information click here
Athletes wishing to compete in the event are to submit their request to MFBBF Committee by not later than 05.04.2015.
01.02.2015 The new MFBBF website goes live on-line!
Following the drive to give more visibility to our Federation, the Committee has decided to close the old website and develop a new site. The committee has evaluated the needs and suggestions of its members and the general public and has come up with a site which offers all the necessary information needed by prospective competitors and the public in an easy to navigate format.
The site will be updated regularly so register your email to receive updates.
31.01.2015 Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting was held today at Bertu's Gym in Gharghur.
Items on the agenda were:
- the Committee elections for the two years 2015 to 2016, Ralph Decelis was reconfirmed as President, Blanche Coppola as General Secretary, Trevor Taliana as Treasurer, Antoine Micallef and Marc Mizzi as committee members and Kelly Blake was elected as committee member.
- following directives from IFBB, a proposal to change the Federation's name to Malta Federation of Bodybuilding & Fitness was discussed and approved unanimously by the members present at the meeting.
- the new website was introduced
- the Annual Financial Report was read out by the Federation's Treasurer
- the 2015 National Championships and International Grand Prix will be held on the 18th and 19th April 2015 at the Dolmen Resort Hotel. Categories in the National Championships will be Men's Athletic Physique, Classic Bodybuilding, Bodybuilding, Bikini Fitness and Bodyfitness.
- Qualifications for International Events, the top three athletes in each height and/or weight class during the National Championships will qualify for the Int. Grand Prix which will be held on the 19th April 2015. The overall winners of each category during the Nationals will also qualify for the IFBB European Championships which will be held in Spain between the 12th and 17th May 2015 (qualification is subject to having more than three athletes in the respective category). Athletes wishing to participate in IFBB international events can request approval in writing to the MFBBF committee and must have competed in the National Championships.